There is no alternative to following a healthy diet in order to lead a longer and healthier life. If you have a long life full of ailments, there is not much fun in leading such a life. Thus, even if it is more difficult to stay on the healthy side of things these days, making the right choices when it comes to your meal will go a long way. This will be helping one to stay healthy and to maintain better health.
A healthy diet for better health, needs to comprise of the following:
- Fruits – These contain rich amounts of different vitamins like C, D, K, E, A and B complex. And also contain minerals like potassium, zinc, magnesium, iron and fiber which are necessary for the normal metabolic activities of the body.
- Vegetables – These contain all kinds of fat soluble and water soluble vitamins, minerals. And also contain anti oxidants and compounds like zeaxanthin, anthocyanin, lutein and other compounds. Which help in the absorption of the vitamins and minerals in the body. And also help to fight off toxins and pathogens which can cure different ailments.
- Whole Grains – These food items contain complex carbohydrates as well as vitamins like D, K and minerals like magnesium, potassium and iron which can help to fortify the system.
- Nuts – These are considered good sources of vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and good cholesterol.
- Fat Free Dairy Products – These are the primary sources of calcium and vitamin D above other nutrients which are responsible for the development of strong bones, hair and nails.